Emergency First Response® Provider
CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) - also known as primary care - and first aid (secondary care) are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. While participating in an Emergency First Repsonse® (EFR) Primary Care and EFR Secondary Care course you fulfill one of the necessary prerequisites for the PADI Rescue Diver and PADI Divemaster course.
Emergency First Response® is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response® Instructors!
The fun part about Emergency First Response® training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence that you are prepared to help in an emergency.
Content of the course:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) - CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
Requirements for the course:
- Emergency First Response® Primary Care and Secondary Care Participant Manual
- Emergency First Response® Primary Care and Secondary Care Video
- Emergency Care at a Glance
The above listed content and requirements for the course are the most important ones, some additional content and requirements may be applicable.
Information regarding a course, requirements, prerequisites and similar things you receive by clicking on the relevant course in above flowchart.