PADI IDC Staff Instructor
The IDC Staff Instructor course prepares you to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and to staff PADI instructor development programs. The training furthers teaching abilities and develops your evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship during an IDC.
Content of the course:
- Score 80 percent on each of the Dive Theory Exams and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Candidates scoring less than 80 percent on a section are retested.
- Score 80 percent on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Candidates scoring less than 80 percent are retested.
- Perform all 24 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring 96 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Score at least 4.0 on a knowledge development teaching presentation.
- Score at least 4.0 on a confined water teaching presentation.
- Attend the four IDC Staff Instructor Course Knowledge Development sessions:
- Course Orientation
- How to Organize and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- Meet evaluation scoring parameters:
- Match the control score on three out of five knowledge development evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- Matchthecontrolscoreonthreeoutofthefiveconfinedwaterevaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- Match the control score on three out of four (no demonstration) or three out of five (demonstration required) open water evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
- Audit a complete IDC by observing all required IDC curriculum sections, OR present all components from the Assistant Instructor course, scoring at least a 3.4 on each presentation.
Requirements for the course:
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer with teaching status for the current year
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Agree to conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI’s Guide to Teaching
- Agree to use the PADI System and components in their entirety
- All materials required of PADI IDC candidates
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Knowledge Development Presentation Evaluation Form
- Confined and Open Water Presentation Evaluation Slate
The above listed content and requirements for the course are the most important ones, some additional content and requirements may be applicable.
Information regarding a course, requirements, prerequisites and similar things you receive by clicking on the relevant course in above flowchart.